The Office of Educational Innovation and Technology works with faculty, staff and students to enable and promote the development and dissemination of innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning. This is accomplished through an innovation cycle which involves:
- Investigating new and emerging technologies, and exploring opportunities for their adoption to support education at MIT.
- Establishing links with MIT departments to monitor emerging innovations and IT needs.
- Assisting faculty in locating, building and integrating technologies that support a wide range of pedagogical models.
- Supporting MIT initiatives through the development, adoption & implementation of sustainable & educationally valuable software tools.
- Implementing test-beds for promising educational technologies and new services, to advance teaching and learning.
- Developing plans for the incubation, early implementation, and the transitioning of delivery systems to long-term core service providers.
- Engaging with interested MIT departments, labs, and centers to integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Working closely with the Teaching and Learning Lab and the Office of Faculty Support to enable and support Educational Innovation at MIT.